Monday, August 6, 2007

Branch 7 Family Home Evening


This was a food chart of various protein food, you will notice that spiders, larvae, eel, frogs, grasshoppers, fish, chicken, red meat are all good protein sources.
These two boys were doing their homework which consisted of English/Cambodian words in their work book.

















There were rice noodles, fresh cut vegetables, curry sauce and chop sticks. I ate all of my food with them. Even Elder Morgan used them to eat some of his food. It was very tasty. I hope my stomach "soldiers" agree and don't fight with we about what I had eaten.
















Once a month the branch has family home evening at individual homes and have a lesson and food. We had a wonderful time with these good people. A lot of them are coming to my English class on Tuesday and Thursday. I really do love these people. They are good and we had a curry dish prepared by the sister in the flowered blouse.

5 comments:

Max and Deborah said...

The food looks pretty good. Spiders on a protein list... YUCK!!
I don't think so, not in this world. How do you like your English class? I bet you are an awsome teacher. Way to go!!!

Tammy said...

It is interesting that you have a different food chart in different countries.

It looks like some amazing food. Wonderful that you are using chopsticks do well.

I was happy to hear that your English class is going so well. Keep us all posted!

madhattie said...

What is on the left of the food chart? I'd guess fats, but I didn't know a moth bag on a tree limb qualified.

And how do they sort the poisonous spiders from the edible ones? Is it common for them to be eaten, or only in a pinch? How are they prepared? Are the good with ketchup?

Mike and Mary Lee said...

I believe the spiders they eat are tarantula's and they are deep fat fried. I don't know any more than that about spiders. I talked with our driver and he said he has eaten crickets and they are good but they don't eat cockroaches. What do I know about any of this, I don't plan on eating any of them. Fats are on the left of the chart. I haven't seen tarantua's in the market but I have seen the crickets, deep fat fried and ready to sell.

Meghan said...

I'm down at Rachael's helping out after her second daughter's birth, and she's put me onto Zanesville Blogs. Good to read about your family and your adventures on your mission. Take care and enjoy both your spiritual and your culinary adventures.