Thursday, July 17, 2008

4th of July US Embassy











We were so very pleased to be where everyone spoke English and loved the United States of America. We were thrilled to see the American flag brought in with such dignity by the US Marines. Don't they look sharp!! It was nourishing to our hearts to hear the "Star Spangled Banner." We had to buy tickets and show our passports to get tickets. When we got to the US Embassy, we went through very careful screening, as they do to board a plane. We had ice cream and a hot dog. It was a curious thing as we felt we were once again on the US soil.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful forth of July celebration. I am sorry that I didn't read further before I wrote my comment to you on the previous post. Those Marines to look very dignified. It is awesome that there is American soil all over the world!

Victoria said...

The Embassy is a wonderful place to visit - i remember driving by the one in Moscow and how excited i was to simply see the flag and know that was a little bit of home!

Max and Deborah said...

I bet seeing the American things really brought lots of emotions.
When you are gone for so long you really relish and embrace what you maybe once took for granted. I am so glad you got to go and enjoy the 4th. Love the pics and You look really good in the red dress. Happy Birthdat Mom!! I love you!