Sunday, July 1, 2007

Young Adult Fireside


This is the cute couple that just got married and gave a fireside for the youth of our district. They are both local returned missionaries and they had gone to the Hong Kong Temple. They gave a very nice presentation about being worthy and not expecting a "perfect package" in a companion but one that was willing to keep working at their marriage, teachable and humble.


We have been told that we will probably be able to go to the Hong Kong Temple later in the year. We are excited that it is a possibility to go to the temple, since I said good by to the Columbus temple and Provo temple, thinking that would be the last time we would be in the temple for 18 months.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I am glad that you will have an opportunity to go to the temple. I know how you love it!

Christine & Crew said...

What wonderful examples they are for the youth in Cambodia. I know that you will love going to the temple sometime during your mission. Keep up the great work! Love ya.

Ruth Tyson said...

Hi Aunt MaryLee and Uncle Mike. You are amazing and doing such a great work. My favorite was finding a relative all the way across the world. Wow. We went as a ward family to Martin's cove this week and Rick was Capt. Martin. He had an ancestor family (Griffiths) in the Martin HCC as well. I went as Janet Gourley, Jesse as Paul, Rick as John Griffiths and Ananda as his daughter Jane. Small world.

Mom and I (she is here with me looking at your site) went to the FHL in SLC working on genealogy today. Put your shoulder to the wheel and all that!! Happy birthday. Wonderful pictures. What a blessing it is for Elder Mike to help with their teeth. I am sure they so need it. We love you tons,
Ruth Ellen and Patty